Another late night ramble by yours truly. Enjoy. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


People might say one’s crazy for calling the top of a sky scraper “the one place you can hear yourself think.”  Um, if you’ve lived in a city before then you know for a fact it’s not crazy, in fact, it’s not only logical, but CORRECT.  There really aren’t any places within a city that you can get away from the noise.  For example, here are some not so good options. 
One, your own house/apartment.  Even though the daily hustle and bustle is blocked out, why would you want to hear yourself think there? Come on, the place where you so call “dwell” is a major distraction when you’re trying to organize your brain.  Your brain can often start a thought process, but it will end up wanting to watch TV, eat a snack, facebook stalk people, whatever.  Bad idea. 
Two, coffee shop or restaurant? Nope.  Can you guess why?  That’s right.  The moment you get deep into thought a familiar but unwelcome at the moment face shows up.  Before you know it, the whole world has followed you and does not only decide to sit down at the table you oh so discretely chose way off in the corner, but has the nerve to ask “So what’s been on your mind lately?”  Bite me. 
Three, the park in the center of town is nice, but still is you guessed it, is in the middle of a city.  Plus you have to constantly be aware of your surroundings otherwise you’ll get run over by a biker, runner or heaven forbid, you’ll stumble upon awkward romantic couples trying to find that “private place.” 
The only possible way you can get away from all the noise and people is to get high above it all.  In this case, that’s the top of a skyscraper.  And that’s where I am currently sitting.  
Nightfall is the ideal time to come up here because the city transforms into another universe.  The air is cooler, the noise is quieter, the smell is sweeter, and the lights shinning off of all the other buildings make you feel like you’re actually sitting amongst the stars.  It’s peaceful, and I love it. 
Now I can finally hear myself think.  The twinkling lights and cool breeze get my thoughts moving, and I can connect dots that I haven’t been able to get for days.  
Ah...You want to know what I’m thinking about don’t you? Well you’ve come this far, I guess I can give you a little glimpse of what’s going on inside this noggin of mine.  Ever had one of those moments where you felt you were just out of place? Er, let me rephrase that.  It’s kind of like, you were apart of something and then you realized you weren’t needed?  It didn’t necessarily make you feel bad, hurt or even shunned, it just felt...weird?  Yeah well, that’s what I’m thinking about.  More like sorting it out is the thing.  I’ll sort it out, it’s nothing really.  
All I care about right now is that I am the only one at the top of this building and no one can bother me.  I wish I could describe what I feel when I look across this city I’ve come to love and call home.  It’s a warmth that’s glorious and it brings back so many memories.  The warmth is like hot water though, it feels good at first but if it gets too hot it hurts.  What I mean is, this place has a special place in my heart, and it if it’s taken away from me, I don’t think I could bear it.  It would hurt too much. 
Gah, I’m off track, that’s what my mind does when I can actually sit down and think about what’s going on.  
I’ll be up here for awhile, so please don’t wait up for me.  No, I won’t stay up here all night, although that’s so tempting.  I just need to stay up here long enough to hear myself think.