Time for another late night ramble by yours truly.

Something has been misplaced.  Where it went is not the question, the real question is : What the heck went missing?

All day, my persona on the inside feels like forgot to put on a vital piece of clothing.  Everything seems in tact, and I definitely have not forgotten anything...but something isn't there.  I can't place my finger on what exactly "it" is.  I don't know if it's a tangible item such as a book or person, or even something deeper like a feeling or state of mind.  Whatever it is though, it's gone.

And it's driving me crazy.

I'm having trouble thinking and, to a small degree, performing basic functions without it.  Simple tasks and obstacles now appear to be mountains instead of little bumps in the road.  That's just an example.

The more questions I ask, the less answers I find.

Worst thing about all of this is that  I have a sinking suspicion that I am the reason this thing is missing.  I.E. I...
1.) Drove it away.
2.) Made a bad choice that maimed it, and it had to leave in order to recover.
3.) Removed it myself without even knowing.


Confused.Missing.Uncomfortable.Worried.Afraid.Lost.

I hope I find it.